Celta provides technical due diligence of mining prospects, projects and operations. Celta structures tailor-made due diligence teams in collaboration with senior geologists and engineers to analyze the geology, quality control, resources and reserves estimation, and the design and operation of exploration, exploitation and metallurgy. We also provide financial analysis, valuation, strategic analysis and negotiation support. In some cases, Celta collaborated with Celfin Capital.
• Codelco: The mandate included due diligence of more than eight copper and gold prospects in Chile, and the development of a business model for the financing and development of these prospects. This business model has been used by Codelco in transaction including Inca de Oro (PanAust) and Puntilla Galenosa (Pucobre).
• Citicorp: Celta developed for Citicorp the evaluation of its mining assets in Chile.
• LS-Nikko: Celta has evaluated the acquisition of copper mining projects.
– Safford: due diligence and evaluation of Phelps Dodge’ (Freeport) copper project in Arizona, US, at feasibility study level.
– Prospects in Chile: due diligence of several early stage, gold and copper mining projects in northern Chile.
• Others: Celta has participated in the due diligence of diverse mining assets in collaboration with international investment banks in order to evaluate feasibility. Examples are the polymetallic Alhué mine, Antofagasta Minerals’ mining operations in Chile for different British banks, and the Montecristo mine for a multinational investment group.
Celta permanently advises companies interested in prospecting ore deposits in order to evaluate the assets and acquire the properties. Our team evaluated a gold mining asset for Corfo.